3462 Cypress Bend Dr
Many, LA 71449
Cypress Bend Park Pavilion, located on beautiful Toledo Bend Lake, will be the site of the 15th annual Toledo Bend Lake Association (TBLA) Bass Unlimited – Back A Great Fighter Banquet and Auction, beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 21, 2017. The event will mark the culmination of TBLA’s annual fundraising events for projects to improve the quality of the Lake and amenities surrounding it.
The Banquet has become a much anticipated event in the Toledo Bend Lake area where over 600 good friends and family gather. Everyone will enjoy the opportunity to bid on live and silent auction items, have their name drawn for door prizes and drop boxes, and anticipate the live drawing of the Grand Prize Gun Raffle. Two winning tickets for the 52 Gun Raffle will be drawn that night, with the remaining weekly winners determined by the numbers drawn from Louisiana Pick 3 Lottery on Fridays from April 28, 2017, through April 6, 2018.
For the past 15 years more than $800,000 has been raised through the annual Bass Unlimited Events. These funds have helped support the Sabine River Authority, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries and the communities surrounding Toledo Bend. TBLA has financed projects such as:
• Co-sponsor construction of public piers, boat launches, and boat lane markers in and around the lake.
• Support numerous youth endeavors to promote fishing, golf and art, including the Annual Sabine Parish Fifth Grade Fishing Clinic and Toledo Bend Lake Association Youth Fish Fest.
• Sponsor improvements to community buildings and structures.
• Sponsor, fund and administer the Toledo Bend Lunker Bass catch and release fish replica program since 2005.
• Purchase Wood Duck boxes to promote wildlife habitat.
• Donated a Pro-Drive boat and trailer to the La Dept of Wildlife & Fisheries to aid in the fight against giant salvinia on the lake.
• Aid in release of Florida Bass Fingerlings into the lake.
• Provide scholarships for area high school fishing teams.
• DOTD Adopt-a-Mile trash cleanup program.
The goal of TBLA is to improve the quality of Toledo Bend Lake and the amenities surrounding it. To see more on our projects and community involvement, please visit our website at www.toledobendlakeassociation.com. For more information on the 52-Gun Raffle contact Bruce Rogers at 281-543-0184, and for more information on tickets for the Bass Unlimited Banquet contact Gaynell Goodeaux at 318-256-0501.